Search This Blog

Saturday, September 28, 2013

Unrefined Bakery in Frisco - You Gotta Try This Place!

I have discovered heaven on earth, and it's in Frisco, Texas!

Unrefined Bakery is the brainchild of a local mother and daughter who battle the same food allergies and Celiac disease that my friends and I do.  Their bread is as good as - if not better than - any wheat or multi-grain bread I've ever tasted.  It is soft and full of flavor that is missing in so many gluten-free breads. I tasted it and fell immediately in love!

They had me at "gluten-free", but then I read more about them and knew that these are good people making good food.

Their baked goods are:
*  100% gluten-free
*  100% soy-free
*  99% corn and dairy-free
*  80% egg-free
*  non-gmo
*  organic

They use only unrefined sugars for sweetening, as well as heart healthy fats that impart deliciousness and the mouth-feel you would expect from the finest ingredients.

And they have fantastic organic, fair-trade, coffee that rivals the chains on every street corner.  I think I may have just found my new favorite hang-out.

On the left is the Loaded Monkey Cupcake - banana cake with chocolate ganache center and peanut butter frosting.  On the right, the Triple Chocolate Cupcake.  Both are moist and exquisite!  The flavors are so good because the ingredients are top-notch.  Worth every penny, savor every bite!

They have frozen cookie dough you can take home to bake your own fresh cookies for a special after-school treat for the kids.

I'm telling you, I wanted to cry as I tasted everything they would let me try.  Co-owners, Anne and Taylor have hit the mark. Amanda, the General Manager at the Frisco location, is an absolute sweet-heart.  Go see them and let them put a smile on your face.

You can find them on the web at www.unrefinedbakery.com.

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to try them the next time we are out that way!

    ReplyDelete