Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Crock-Pot Beer Chicken

I saw this recipe on Pinterest about a year ago, but wasn't sure about trying it because of the beer issue.  Conventional beer has gluten.  (sad face)  Since I discovered a descent array of gluten-free beers at Total Wine, I've been experimenting in the kitchen with them.  For this recipe, I used Bard's sorghum beer.  The sauce it made was delicious! Serve over rice with a side of broccoli, and you've got an amazing meal with very little effort.
Ingredients:
1 bottle of your favorite gluten-free beer
1 pound (more or less) chicken tenders
1 Tblsp. organic extra-virgin olive oil
2 cloves garlic, pressed
1/2 tsp. salt
pepper to taste
1 tsp. dried oregano

Follow these directions carefully (wink):
1.  Put chicken tenders in the bottom of a slow-cooker/crock pot.
2.  Pour beer over the chicken.
3.  Add pressed garlic.
4.  Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and oregano.
5.  Cook on low for 5-6 hours.

I'm willing to admit that my kids weren't crazy about this.  It was probably the beer.  But my husband and I loved it.  I'm thinking this would be a great recipe to try with a brisket.   Let me know through your comments what combinations you try.

No comments:

Post a Comment